Sunday, November 11, 2012

Student Food History Presentations

We start off the weekend with another great round of student presentations, ranging from the history of wheat, kale and avocados to M&Ms and Spam.  We had samples of fresh kale (yummy) and kale chips (hum, not sure about those!), Catherine's tasty guacamole, one of my favorites M&Ms.  I'd have to say that Chad outdid himself with an interesting presentation on KC BBQ accompanied by Oklahoma Joe's BBQ for the entire class!  Can that be considered bribing your professors?

2 comments:

  1. That really was a great experience. I said this earlier in the blog, but I enjoyed this part of the class so much.
    Dotty and Eric did a great job incorporating different learning methods for this entire course. Even though the report seemed a lot of work, it was quite valuable for each of us.
    I agree that Chad outdid himself. It sure seems like a bribe to me. JK...Actually, Chad is one humble guy, moving in integrity, so it could never be misinterpreted as a bribe. (I know you were joking, Dotty or Eric).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the food presentations we did this semester. They were very interesting and I learned a lot about many different types of foods. I was unaware that avocado plants had to be grafted and that the M&M package has been the same for so many years. I really enjoyed Chad's presentation. He was very knowledgeable on the history of BBQ.
    - Liz Winke

    ReplyDelete