Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tasty Vegan Food

Eric and I ventured to Fud on 17th and Summit with Michelle, Marcus and Susan.  No animal products are used in this food, so things like cheese and ice cream are made from nuts.  The reuben sandwich looked just like corned beef, but was made from jackfruit.  The food was pretty tasty - some items more popular than others.  Notice the presentation of the food.  We'll learn in class that taste is heavily influenced by sight, making food design important to the eating experience.   Here are some photos - with a surprise.

Says alot about my partner that he can handle this surprise so graciously.

3 comments:

  1. Aw man! Handled it very well! I wish I could have joined all of you! I love FUD...its really good and you do get pretty full I think too! I love the cashew cheese that is put on many of the dishes too! :) Now I am hungry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, so I thought that it would be a good place to try. It was really interesting to see all the food on the menu. All our food looked really presentable, which surprised me. Unfortunately, I didn't like my food, which was the Sicillianizza. There was some type of bread underneath that was tasteless. The tomatoes were good though. I didn't finish it, but maybe I should have. Then, the food would not have spilled on Mr. Winter. I just could not swallow anymore of the food. The cashew ice cream was good. The inside of the restaurant was crowded, but it was a good place to hang out. I don't think I want to be a vegetarian because I like real food better. I think the imitations can only last for so long.

    Marcus Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a well balanced diet, and I grew up eating fresh fruits and vegetables. I kept tring to figure out the style of the restaurant because it had so many colors. The ceiling was Victorian, and I didn't notice any paintings. To me, it felt like a punk rock restaurant because it had a display of a skull in front of the window, or maybe it was just a Halloween display?!?:) Well, my chalupa was pretty good. They used wild rice as meat. Not too far from a Chipotle burrito. I also liked everyone's food! I tasted everyone's order!!! It was good while it lasted, but I would not eat it everyday. I would become too skinny like my sisters who are all under 90 pounds :/ I don't think the food has enough calories. It was really fun, and I'd have to apologize for laughing so hard at the food snafu ;) Professor Winter took it really well. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete