Saturday, May 21, 2016

Noryangjin Fish Market Tour

Today we met back up with Soul of Seoul Tours for a tour of Seoul's oldest wholesale fish market.
A new side to the market opened in 2016, but not without controversy. Only 60% of vendors have been willing to transition over to the modern style market.
After touring, our guide purchased some fish for lunch. The man below is filleting a flounder for "hwe," the Korean version of shashimi.
Mmmmm...baby octopus.
And the aftermath of one of the trip's best meals.












1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting blog. I personally don't see myself ever eating silkworms. I happen to be one of the pickiest eaters around. I don't eat but a few condiments (BBQ sauce, jelly, salsa, ranch dressing, sour cream, and that's about it.) No mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish or other salad dressings. I also don't eat seafood. From looking at the pictures I personally would have been going to all the american restaurants in the area. One thing I learned from the culture is that they used what they had to survive and made it edible for themselves. I think in general all places do that its just to what extreme they will go. I have learned that I am holding true to having limits on what I will and won't eat.
    Shalise Abson

    ReplyDelete